Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mid-Week Music #3 - Hoot, Man!



Now, this will be quite the departure from what I wrote yesterday, but in honour of my brother William, it must be done. Old-time comedy is one of his favorite things, after all. Hope it makes you laugh. Happy 14th birthday!





Hoot, mon! Out of me way! Who do ya think ye arrrrr?
It's the toe of my boot, man, if ye push too farrrrr
Hoot, mon! This is the day I celebrate my birrrrrth
A seventh son of a seventh son of a son of a gun from birrrrrth

Who can play the drums? Is there a piper in the town?
Have them put their kilts on and come right down
All ye brawny lads, whether ye're poor or ' man o' wealth
Meet me in the tavern to drink my health

Who's that standing in my path?
Bing: Stand clear!
Bob: (growls)
Don't you know you're face-to-face with Robbie Macbeth?
Bing: Ah Robbie Macbeth
Ah-ho!

(quieter)
Hoot, mon, out of me way, who do ye think ye arrrrr?
(getting gradually louder)
It's the toe of my boot, man, if ye push too farrrrr
Hoot, mon! This is the day I celebrate my birrrrrth
The seventh son of a seventh son of a son of a gun from birrrrrth!

Bob: Hello, Haggis!
Bing: What is it, McBaggis?
Bob: Have you heard the latest about McTavish?
Bing: What's he done now?
Bob: I heard he was living on the rrrrroof!
Bing: But why would he be living on the hrrrrroof?
Bob: He heard someone say the drinks were on the house!
(They both laugh)
Bob: The drinks are on the house! You know...what we...

(tick, tock)

Bob: It's a little late, so goodnight folks

***



No comments:

Post a Comment