Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Mid-Week Music #6 - That's What Bilbo Baggins Hates!



Today, I've been quite busy, what with schoolwork, writing projects, and sundry other things. But I think I can manage a Mid-Week Music post.

If I really think about it, there could be lots of reasons to post this particular song: I've recently read that part of the Hobbit, I watched a TV show featuring Martin Freeman aka Bilbo Baggins last night, I know most of the lyrics by heart and it's a fun song. But honestly, the real reason is because I'm very busy, and feel like muttering 'confusticate and bebother' right about now. I'm beginning to realize how Bilbo felt, and--yep, there's Mommy calling me to come help with supper!

So, without further ado, here is "Blunt the Knives", alternatively known as "That's What Bilbo Baggins Hates!"






Bilbo:
And can you not do that? You'll blunt them!

Bofur:
Ooh! D'you hear that, lads? He says we'll blunt the knives!

Kili:
Blunt the knives, bend the forks

Fili:
Smash the bottles and burn the corks

All:
Chip the glasses and crack the plates...
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!

(instruments join in)

Cut the cloth, tread on the fat
Leave the bones on the bedroom mat
Pour the milk on the pantry floor...
Splash the wine on every door!

Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl
Pound them up with a thumping pole
And when you've finished, if any are whole...
Send them down the hall to roll!

***

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!


PS: My deepest and most profound apologies for the serious note on which the video ends. Thorin no longer has any conception of timing. Or being on time, for that matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment