Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Mid-Week Music #19 - Sleep Sound in Jesus



So... wow. It was even longer than I'd expected before I was able to get back to this. Things will hopefully get back to a normal schedule now. I'm really sorry about all this. But someone decided to show up late.


Ah, of course not. Only after four days of waiting in the one little hospital room.

In case any of you have not guessed, the reason why I have been so busy, why I put that picture up just now, is because of my now week-old baby brother, Ransom! (Well, he's a week old at the time of my writing this, which is sometime between Thursday and Friday). Two weeks ago was when we were all preparing for Mommy to go to the hospital, which was why I posted that I was so busy. He came on Thursday, at 11:01, I think.

I am not sure if I will post pictures yet. Not in this post (unless I edit them in later). But he's such a sweet little baby, and I love holding him--when I get a turn, that is. In a house with five other people who love holding him, not including Mommy and Daddy... well, you can guess how that is! But I love all of them, especially little Ransom. As Thanksgiving is coming (or here), I know we're all very thankful for him.

This week's MWM is a lullaby--the first song on an entire album of them--by Michael Card. I'm not sure why I decided on this one, but since it was the first, I suppose it makes sense. I wonder if someday, when little Ransom is older, he sees this little post. In such a case, hi! Hope things are going well in the future! You've probably listened to this many times as you've grown up. So here is a lullaby for you, baby brother: Sleep Sound in Jesus.




Sleep sound in Jesus, my baby, my dear
Angels are watching, they keep you so near
Though for His sake you'll be safe through the night
Sleep sound in Jesus, I'll turn off the light

Sleep sound in Jesus, sweet heart of my heart
The dark of the night will not keep us apart
I lay you down in your bed for the night
He holds you gently till morning is night

Sleep sound in Jesus, the angels are near
They're keeping watch, so there's nothing to fear
Against any foe they are ready to fight
So sleep sound in Jesus, I'll turn off the light

Sleep sound in Jesus, my baby, my dear
Angels are watching, they keep you so near
Though for His sake you'll be safe through the night
Sleep sound in Jesus, I'll turn off the light


3 comments:

  1. *GASP* A baby brother?! AWWww! Busyness and missing posts is definitely forgiven for the sake of a baby brother.
    The song was nice. The picture of the baby clothes--"I am never late, nor am I early..."--is just too cute. But then, the little message, to future him... wow. That is unmatched. It's like in Back to the Future 2, where he sent him a message from the past. It's so cool, and so absolutely sweet, because it's to your little baby brother. Happy Week-Old Day to him, then! (even though I'm late, sorry)
    ~ Clara Murphy, Queen of Fandoms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clara! Your comment was so sweet.
      (PS: sorry I was late in answering your comments! I was a little busy.)

      Delete
  2. Oh, and congratulations!
    ~ Clara Murphy, Queen of Fandoms

    ReplyDelete