Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Mid-Week Music #7 - Ways of a Fool



This week, I'll be introducing (some of) you to an artist by the name of Neal Morse. He's a very talented fellow: in fact, he and his band are practically on the same level of Kansas when it comes to skill. This song is from the album Similitude of a Dream, a concept album based on The Pilgrim's Progress. I'm pretty sure most of you have read it. Well, unless you've gone to public school or most colleges. They don't like that kind of masterpiece in there.

The reason I am posting this particular song is not actually what you might think. I have not encountered any worldly wise-men or fools lately. I have in the past, but not recently. Actually, I'm posting this because it's the song my younger sister picked: her birthday fell on a Wednesday, and I let her choose the song. So anyway, Abi, Happy 9th Birthday! May you never fall into the ways of a fool!

WARNING: song is very catchy. It WILL get stuck in your head.




Walking straight ahead
Wondering in the way I wander
My feet are feeling fine...

What's that up ahead?
Someone coming up the way...
Ay-ay

He is a worldly man
When I tell him my plans
He says:
What are you doing?
You're simple as pudding
It's not worth pursuing
I know the way out!

(chorus)
All the ways of a fool
They are right in his own eyes
Go on back, keep your cool
Don't you miss the city lights
And those worldly delights?
(Trust me...)
I know I'm right

Reason is the rule
Logic is a mighty Fortress
And life is nothing more

Perception is the truth
Why not make it what you want?

I'm a successful man
My offer is easy
Invent your reality
Made-up morality
Legal legality
Second to none!

(chorus)

***

(chorus)
All the ways of a fool
They are right in his own eyes
Go on back, keep your cool
Don't you miss the city lights
And those worldly delights
Trust me
I know... I'm...
Ri-i-ight...

***

I think I'll go the way
Walking with the worldly wise man

I'll just change it up a bit
And go the more logical way

Because it seems good to me
To live a life that's free from care
And my new reality
I will speak into the air...

And life is awaiting me
I'll learn what they're teaching me
And surely my destiny will follow

Forget all about that dream
I'll find a place in between
And just take a turn-about tomorrow...

**


No comments:

Post a Comment